WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

I need Help with my web site!!!!!

rickwestrickwest subscriber Posts: 4
edited September 2006 in Website Critique
I have started a new business and built an informational web site for it.  But I don`t feel that the site is very effective and it is not getting picked up by the search engines.  The site address is:
www.RJWestHomeInventory.com</A>
Please take a look at this site and tell me what I can do to spice it up.  Please keep in mind that I am not a web designer and have no idea what I am doing with web design.  I am using a company called ValueWeb.com as the web site host and used their `create it online` software to create the site.  The site is an informational site whose purpose is to answer common questions about my service and create enough interest in the viewer to either call or fill out the contact for so I can call them and sell the service. 
I have also listed the site on Google AdWords, but with no real results.
My main question - What am I doing wrong?  How can I fix it?  If I can`t fix it pretty quick I will end up in bankruptcy court!!
Thank you for your assistance.

Comments

• iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    I don`t mean to bring the bad news... but you asked for some input quickly... so here it is. (I am not pro... let`s make that clear too.)The landing page (home page) is very dull. No images, no personalization. Nothing to keep my eyes entertained.The titled could be better for search engine results. Not just a title, as you would a book, but also some key words in the title.I would spend some time making your layout exciting, attention holding, and quite possibly less content per page. When a page goes on and on... the viewer usually moves on, before reaching the bottom.That`s my quick comments.
  • OnlineSidingJamesOnlineSidingJames subscriber Posts: 2
    Hello RJ,

A newsletter would really benefit your site. I would also take time to add a few more graphics (maybe of houses?).

Do you have any testimonials you could post from customers, OR do you have any articles from the news that you could use that talk about how useful a service LIKE yours turned out to be after a disaster?

It look like you have a lot of information from other people to digest. Hopefully it will help you--I do like the general layout and design of your site. Good luck!

James
  • mtmt subscriber Posts: 1
    Does anyone know of someone to hire to write an e-book for my web-site?
    Is it important to have a web-site, logo and all contents copyrighted?  I was going to purchase someone else`s web-site and they do not want to sign over the copyright.
    Any advice.
    Thanks,
    mt