WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

New Qoof.com beta site - New design - Need your opinions please

QoofQoof subscriber Posts: 1
edited July 2007 in Website Critique
Hi friends.
We have totally redesigned our old website at www.qoof.com</A>. We plan on launching it in about two weeks.
You can see it here: www.beta.qoof.com</A>
The site is about using video to sell products. If you have a product or service you are selling we allow you to upload your video of that product or service and link the "buy it now" button to your products check out page.
If you don`t have a product, but are an affiliate, you can create a video and link it to your affiliate code.
I would greatly appreciate any feedback you can give me before launch!
Thanks so much!

Comments

• Options
    The message I want to get across is that this is a site where you can view videos of products or services you are looking for that will then link to the checkout page. We give you all the information of the product inclucing video, pictures, comments and reviews. If you are selling an item, you can upload a video of that item and link it to your website.The about us page and products page is not finished yet.I am open and NEED suggestions
  • Options
    VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    I get it.I like the site design and it flows well.  I DON`T like that the intro video runs itself every time I hit the page.  This is very poor etiquette.Your introductory video suffers from poor audio due to using the on-camera microphone.  Spend $40-50 on a lavaliere microphone and your videos will sound more professional.For those who don`t get it..  You probably couldn`t use the service offered and no amount of explanations would change that.  I could be wrong, but Google: Click-to-play video ads for AdWords.  Your service sounds similar but complementary to this offering from Google.
  • Options
    Thank you all for your comments. I guess the first thing we need to figure out is this site for "end users" that want to buy something and want to watch a video demo first. Or is this site for "Advertisers" that want to use the power of video to sell their products and services.For now I believe the focus is on the "Advertisers" since we need to build content before "buyers" will come to the site anyway.One of the most important things we want to convey is that you can take any of these videos and embed them on your website, blog, or Social Networking site to increase sales. Was this missed by everybody?Again, thanks for your replys, I need all the help we can get!
  • Options
    VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    One of the most important things we want to convey is that you can take any of these videos and embed them on your website, blog, or Social Networking site to increase sales. Was this missed by everybody?Completely.In fact the only reason that I would have been aware of this is from a reply that you made to me regarding another thread about three or four weeks ago.  When I saw your updated site, the first thought I had was that you changed your plan and focus.  And that this was an example of a solution in search of a problem.Your web site itself is technically good, but we don`t get the message.  What *is* your core business?
  • Options
    ToddFToddF subscriber Posts: 3
    Qoof just curious if you custom built the video system or if you used some pre-built system. Please let me know.
  • Options
    The video player itself is by a company called VideoEgg.com The rest is by our team.