WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Corporate Credit

anilaocorporationanilaocorporation subscriber Posts: 1
edited February 2009 in Startup Funding
Hello,

I just turned 21 back in October, and I incorporated my first company entity in the same month.

Back when I turned 18, I opened 2 credit cards and got sucked into a credit card debt.

I know my stupid mistake cost me dearly in my personal credit rating.

Now that I have a Corporate entity, I would like to open a corporate credit rating while preventing mistakes I have learned from ruining my personal credit score.

I would like to know how I can obtain a corporate credit under my corporation name without any personal gurantor. I have also learned from websites that 1 mistake can truely ruin your corporate credit score if the steps aren`t done in order.

I have already incorporated as a C- Corproation
Have a Tax ID Number
Corporate Bank Account with the company`s name
Business Address
A telephone number for the business

And I am in the process of obtaining a DUNS Number.

What I am worried about is not being able to get a DNS number when they look at my personal credit profile, even worst after making the $349 or $549 investment and not being able to get a refund.

Can someone please tell me the process of obtaining a corporate credit and avoiding the mistake that can ruin my goal of getting excellent business credit?

Comments

• Options
    creditgurucreditguru subscriber Posts: 0
    Your personal credit score will have no effect on you obtaining a business credit score, they are 2 completely seperate things. However if you do not have a strong personal credit score, then a strong business credit score is necessary to obtain any financing. There are many different companies that will assist you in building a strong business credit score, and help you to obtain financing. Just make sure you are working with a credible company that has references that you can actually speak with.
  • Options
    bitwavebitwave subscriber Posts: 0
    You can start by finding vendors that report to Experian Business.
    For example, we are a web design firm.  We report all of our accounts receivables each month to Experian Business to assist our clients in establishing or building their business credit. Most of our clients really do not care about their business credit, but we have a lot that do.
    Most of our clients qualify for net 30 terms without a personal guarantee.
    It is something that you might want to check out.  Since every business needs a good website, you might as well get a website that will also help you with getting your business credit established as well.
    In addition, we can be used as a trade reference with DNB.
    www.bitwavedesign.combitwave2/10/2009 12:01 PM