WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

"Back in 20 Minutes"

2»

Comments

• Options
    RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
    classsssic!(btw, as a vonage user at home, i had similar problem with people not being able to hear me talk. i think it has to do with the bandwidth not allowing for full duplex sound (sound going both ways at the same volume at the same time. it`s particularly frustrating if you like interrupting people (like i do) and can`t!).(let me know how the new service works out when you FINALLY get it live!)
  • Options
    theswaynestertheswaynester subscriber Posts: 15 Bronze Level Member
    I`d like to be a contrarian. I like the "Back in Twenty Minutes" idea.In fact, we could  print up a bunch of "Back in Twnety Minutes" and post them on all your competitors` doors.See you guys see the dog half smelly, I smell lemonade.I may be confusing my euphemisms.
    A dog washing business? I need to run down the list of "reasons why I live where I do" again.My wife and I saw an advertisement for a dog grooming business in our area... and they were open a total of three hours a week.

• Options
    building on your idea, sway, how about a "back in a coupla days" sign? that would really deter people from approaching your competitors...
  • Options
    SolidGrndSolidGrnd subscriber Posts: 11
    Question for you Vonage sufferers...do you use Comcast with your Vonage!?
    The reason I ask is because I had a friend back in Virginia who had Comcast and Vonage and had more issues than I can shake a stick at...at one point she was on the phone with a Comcast customer service rep who informed her that Comcast had lowered its bandwidth to deter Vonage customers from using Vonage so they would decide to switch to either Comcast...or a landline. Evidently, Vonage ties up too much bandwidth on Comcast networks or something like that and they were trying to clean that up and clean up the lost business.
    This is a story from a friend...so take it with a grain of salt...not to mention...this happened back when Vonage was still new...supposedly! Although...I have to admit...I haven`t heard ANYTHING good come from people who use Vonage and Comcast together (although I personally dispise Comcast due to their lack of customer service...so I might be bias and possibly only can hear the bad stuff).
    Just a thought!
  • Options
    onlineeateronlineeater subscriber Posts: 16
    OK here is my other horror story. I have a Samsung Pocket PC phone with Verizon service. I upgraded the Windows software on my phone in October. Ever since I updated my phone and something did not load correctly and when ever I plugged my phone into the cradle to sync with my laptop it would disable my wireless connection to my home network. (I know pretty weird). To make along story I estimate I have spent about 4 hours on the phone with Verizon...4 Hours with Samsung (The Samsung level 3 tech support guy told me the new operating system turns the phone into a modem so it was designed to do what it is doing) and 3 with Microsoft. Well I got the phone to where it will not shut down my network...but it will still not sync to my computer. It seems that the USB driver was not there so when ever the phone was in the cradle it tried to connect using the wireless functionality in the phone. I am just amazed that it took all this time, sometimes getting transfered to 4 or 5 people who all want to verify who you are before you can talk to someone. If it was not so necessary for me to have my computer and phone synced up I would have gave up a long time ago. I know by reading this it does not seem like a  major problem...but I am not exaggerating about the time spent with these morons. Rich...I wish we wereonly talking 20 minutes. John
  • Options
    scottahscottah subscriber Posts: 0
    Who has a "Back in 20 Minutes" story to share?
    I worked for one of those companies and they are no longer in business.  I am not sure if they were comfortable or cocky about being able to just go do whatever they wanted to do and hang one of those signs up.Perhaps they view the American Dream as being able to own a business where you can put up a back in 20 minutes sign and go get your nails done.  OR do they feel comfortable, meaning that they have enough business that if you drive away they`ll be ok?-Scott
  • Options
    judging by your profile, scott, "back in 20 minutes" just wouldn`t work in your line of work... if you`re not "back after this quick break", you`d lose ALL your customers! thanks for the post.