WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

The most challenging part of business planning

RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
edited August 2006 in Business Planning
In my experience, really in-depth and substantive market research is the most elusive and difficult part of building a business plan.
What are your thoughts about the most challenging part of writing a business plan?
Maybe we can get some dialogue going here to get some of these planning roadblocks out in the open so others who`ve overcome them can share tricks of the trade for you to do the same.
Rich

Comments

• Options
    RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
    interplanet,
    soon we`re releasing 10 Steps to Grow Your Business as a follow-on to 10 Steps to Open for Business, and we`re including in Step 1 the important use of online surveys just like the ones you mention as a way to get a sense of your business` current status.
    i guess i hadn`t thought about using free online surveys before you start up.
    ahhh, the power of thousands sharing their ideas...
    rich

• Options
    boywithadrumboywithadrum subscriber Posts: 1
    Hey guys, I wanted to pipe in here.  I am fairly new to Startup Nation and I just wanted to thank you for your hard work and for sharing your knowledge to better your fellow entrepeneur`s experiences.
    One of the hardest things about writing my business plan is that my huge over time plans are vast and interconnected.  They are too involved to accurately write a plan for those big future ideas right now, but I need a plan done asap.  I am trying to write a simple plan covering only the first stages of my company`s development, but knowing where to draw those lines is difficult.
    I don`t want to over commit right off the bat but I want to command enough attention so an overview is necessary I feel.  I don`t want to grossly under or overestimate my potential so that investors can realize in the plan that it lays a foundation for growth, expansion and bigger and better things to come
    I know I am being vague here but the line is fine and it`s blurry here.  Chime in if you can help with financials especially for the first time plan. 
    Thanks   BoyWithADrum. . . . .