WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Softwarehawker Is live. Could you Critique it Please?

vapourlockvapourlock subscriber Posts: 4
edited December 2008 in Website Critique
Hi everyone,
It`s been a long time and I`ve been away trying to bring some juice into my life, setting my new business up; getting my writing and consulting business back into life.
Please take a look at my new blog at http://www.softwarehawker.com/hawkerblog
How does it look? Is there anything I must do to improve it? The content is being added at three times a week. The focus will be on  Business and Productivity Software --  tips, reviews, Trends, etc.
Please do let me know your valuable feedback.
Warm Regards
Ash

Comments

• Options
    Hi Craig,

What you say makes sense. Actually this URL that you just happen to see is a blog. I haven`t built the main site yet. I wonder how to go about it. Perhaps I must look for a website template or something.
    Now, even in the blog`s case, writing about anything and everything might not make sense to me. Like you rightly pointed out, I am out there trying to compete with the really big ones like you mentioned above. However, if I focus on one aspect, it would be great. Niche, what say?
    Ash
  • Options
    Thanks a million, Craig.
    Your post actually gave me  a direction.
    The Softwarehawker Blog is for Software to make your businesses more smart, leaner, productive and secure -- that does it.
    Clear and focused -- Leverage computing technology to increase profits.
    I plan to earn money in two ways:
    1. Directly by placing affiliate links in the posts and on the ad sections.
    2. Building a list and then providing them great information -- I can make money again by using affiliate links; promotions; selling information and much more.
  • Options
    Hey Craig,
    Oh focused I really am right now. I figured the next thing I got to combat is the traffic to the site.
    So what am I doing?
    1.Going big on web 2.0, Social Media and Social Marketing.
    2.Writing some unique content for the blog; additional content for the article directories and much more.
    Pts 1 and 2 done each day. I am in this for the long haul and I know it takes time to build it.
    I am loving it.