WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Review of Remarkable Design

remarkrremarkr subscriber Posts: 1
edited September 2008 in Website Critique
Hi All,
I`m new to this site and love that you have this section. So my site is finally up and running and ready for an opinion or two - or three... www.remarkable-design.com
A friend built the site for me but I did all the copy and final layout design. I`m very happy with the colors and the overall look of the site, but if enough people disagree with it I would consider changes.
My biggest concern is the copy:
    * Does it make sense
    * Am I speaking over your head
    * Is there to much information
    * Are the Helpful Hints helpful
    * Spelling (yes I spell checked - but you know things can be missed)
    * Does this site "Sell" the service or scare you away
As a designer I`m use to all kinds of critiques so let me have it.
Robert

Comments

• Options
    WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Nice simple look, personally I like the design. The one large white image is placed in some unusual spots, and I don`t quite get why; to me, it throws a few of the pages out of whack.
    The main problem in your message is that, on the main page, I have no clue what you actually do, until I see the really small tagline at the top, and it still isn`t very clear. I think you need to get some type of information on this page telling me why I`m here, and how you can benefit me.
    The main problem in your site, though, is SEO. Your pages are nothing but images; no text for search engines to read. No meta tags that are doing any good. Large page size with absolutely no readable content. If you are going to rely on search engines for getting potential traffic and customers, don`t get your hopes up.Webline9/15/2008 7:28 PM
  • Options
    VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    I did a quick look at the site, and one thing struck me right away (besides not knowing what you are selling).  Where *are* you?
  • Options
    remarkrremarkr subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for the reviews so far - greatly appreciated.
    The search engine I sort of understand. We came up with a list of key words (would those be the "meta tags") for yahoo and google search, but I don`t know if he did anything with the list yet. I know he did everything in Photoshop and loaded  it all to Dreamweaver  - so yes it`s all images.  Is this a bad thing  for reasons other than search engines? Does this make for the slow downloading?
    And I guess getting some text on the home page about why your here is a good idea. I thought once they got to the about page that would take care of it.
    Thanks
  • Options
    nextjobhelpnextjobhelp subscriber Posts: 1
    you definitely need some SEO and better content. I suggest getting set up with a CMS like joomla or Drupal and start updating more content.