WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Business started ME!

vapourlockvapourlock subscriber Posts: 4
edited November 2006 in Selecting a Business
Yeah, That`s exactly how it happened. Opportunity knocked me out flat.
Here I go thinking and dreaming as to how to start my own business, when this very old client of mine walks in one day and announces his plans of starting a "Home Security Solutions" . He simply plonks the whole of the growing, marketing and sales responsibility on to my shoulders and says that I need to be incharge of this baby until it grows up and beyond.
Man, I am so full of excitement, trepidations and expectations. I am bursting at seams and I had already lost a cool 3 days sleep. All the while it remained a dream, I was confident enough, now that it plonked into my hands, I am so weak at the knees that it can crack under my own weight.
I am now a business owner. The growing and shaping of my business is my responsibility. Spray and pray, God don`t make me bray!vapourlock2006-11-16 11:19:49

Comments

• lowcostmailinglowcostmailing subscriber Posts: 0
    Congratulations!
    I only recently discovered this site myself, but I can tell you that you have already made one right move: enlisting the help of the SUN community!

Good luck!
  • onlineeateronlineeater subscriber Posts: 16

LOL! You think
    this is detailed? I`ve been reducing down, keeping it to the basics
    lately, what with other stuff. But yes, if you`re speaking about my
    post, it happened exactly that way. The book is still on the market,
    just look up my name on Google, or "A+ Exam Cram." It took about 7
    months from nothing to done. I did the presentation in November, book
    went to press end of June.
    Craig Great Story.Thanks,JH