WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

How can I drive more business to my website

Comments

• Options
    williamwilliam subscriber Posts: 2
    Adwords is paid-per-click advertising with Google.  When you do a search on Google, for example, there is a column typically on the right-part of the screen with small ads.  These ads are a great way to economically advertise your site.Check the http://adwords.google.com site for reference.  It has done great for my line of work in the service industry.
  • Options
    sauceladysaucelady subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks William I will give it a shot. Out of curiousity how much does an ad like that run??? By the way great site wish I had something like your service in my home town!!!
    Rosanna
    www.rozanacuizne.com
  • Options
    The ads are models on the PPC concept.  Each time someone clicks on your ad, you pay for the impression.  It is ran kind of a like an auction.The more you bid for a click the higher your position.  The objective is really to be in the top two or three positions.  Most searches just plain don`t go past the first screen.  Each click a prospect does will cost you your bid amount.  Some of my bids are as high as $5.00 or so.  It seems high, but if I can make a sale or two a month it`s paid off with no problem.Thanks for the compliments on my site.  It is ongoing, but is fun too.  Service type sites don`t bring in the amount of traffic e-commerce sites will, but it does help to sell the services.
  • Options
    Thanks Cartess3 for your information on the different sites I will check them out....and Happy Years!!!
  • Options
    Hi William,
    Thanks for your info...however I`m not sure if adword is the way to go for me...considering my product is $5.99 a bottle. However I will still check it out. Happy Years
    Saucelady
  • Options
    bjorkiebjorkie subscriber Posts: 1
    Lots of good information here- glad I found it. I`d be interested in hearing
    more about search optimization and affiliate marketing. I`ve learned a few
    hard lessons that search marketing (Google and Yahoo ads) lost more
    money than the business they brought in, even though I was tracking
    everything thoroughly. I`ve only had my business for under 2 years, so I still
    have a lot to learn.

For the Sauce Lady- keep trying boutique grocery stores. In Minnesota, we
    have a few (Lund`s, Kowalski`s) that pride themselves on providing niche
    sauces, cheeses and other foods. I think you`d probably have to call and
    schedule appointments with the manager or food buyer, but it might be
    worth it and the margins might be better as well. Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks Bjorkie,
    I have tried some east coast stores the problem I meet with is that to send it from the west coast the shipping is a killer. I would need to find a distrubtor who I can send a pallet to in order to make it worth while and with  a price on the shelves that consumers would buy it for.
    So if you know of any east coast distrubtors let me know...
    Thanks
  • Options
    cjpeepscjpeeps subscriber Posts: 5
    Dear Saucelady,
    Looks like you`ve made quite a stir!
    One easy way to help with traffic is to increase external links to your site.  One very, very easy way to do this is to add a signature to your forum posts.
    Just go to your profile and edit your signature file to include your url.  Your url will appear with every post you make without including it in the body of your message (which is not allowed in some forums)
    Claudia
  • Options
    Dear Saucelady,
    Looks like you`ve made quite a stir!
    One easy way to help with traffic is to increase external links to your site.  One very, very easy way to do this is to add a signature to your forum posts.
    Just go to your profile and edit your signature file to include your url.  Your url will appear with every post you make without including it in the body of your message (which is not allowed in some forums)
    ClaudiaThis is a good technique, but don`t rely on this heavily.Google`s logarithm places low points in this technique.  Google is capable of determining original content versus response content.  Response content is not too valued regarding rank.Original and updated content is the most powerful ingredient for positive rank results.  This is true for all major search engines for that matter.
  • Options
    kbphotokbphoto subscriber Posts: 0
    Hello, Saucelady.
    I wondered several months back how to drive people to my website, too. I did a lot of looking around the web, checked out a good many entrepreneurial sites (like this one) and talked with a few successful business owners to get ideas. Two things that kept coming up were to start a blog and write articles. I started a blog, actually a few of them, and started getting traffic and really nice comments right away. I would recommend Wordpress. I saw an earlier post suggesting a few good sites for submitting articles. Here is another site you might consider: www.ezinearticles.com</A>.
    I wrote some articles, posted a profile, etc. etc. I`ve had thousands of hits on my blogs and website since then. You have a great product, and I am willing to bet could share a good deal of insight about your love of cooking.
    Just a suggestion.
    -Kim
  • Options
    sharashara subscriber Posts: 1
    Aaron Wall, SEO expert, wrote a beginner`s guide on search engine optimization for your website at:www.work.comHow-to Guides for Your Business
    shara2007-1-3 17:12:47
  • Options
    Thanks Bthomd,
    It really helps to have the formula in order to make a sound decision.
    Thanks SLady

• Options
    Thanks Shara,
    Great information will follow up on your suggestions.
    SLady
  • Options
    Hi Kbphoto,
    Wonderful idea and information. Someone had suggested this to me a while back and I plan to put something together for an article that will be interesting and informative.
    Thanks Sauce Lady
  • Options
    cjpeepscjpeeps subscriber Posts: 5
    Dear Sauce Lady,
    As I was out for my walk this afternoon I happened to remember that online businesses often ignore offline marketing.
    One way you might be able to get local business is to set up tasting events at local supermarkets or specialty stores.  Be sure to have business cards or fliers that have your products and website on them and be ready for orders to come in.
    Good luck in all your efforts.