WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

College Male Apparel Website

rcavezzarcavezza subscriber Posts: 10
edited April 2009 in Website Critique
Hi,
I recently had this website developed.
The end goal is to be a one stop shop for trendy designer clothes from small, relatively unknown designers for men`s fasions. 
Age target is 17-25.
Demographic is college males. 
I had it designed for me by a web design firm in Portland, but I do not currently like how the clothing is displayed.  I`m not sure if it`s the image or the web design, but any critiques would be appreciated.http://www.razorwolf.com/
Best Regards,
Robert M. Cavezza

Comments

• vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Part of the problem is the colors of the web site. The bold colors detract from your product images.

Your images would look better if displayed on a light gray or white page background instead of the mustard color background.

Also, your image photos could be better.

~Roland
  • WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Personally I don`t care for it.
    The background of the header doesn`t convey anything as to what you offer. The colors are too overwhelming. Much of the text is too small and dark to read.
    The images are small, with no option to see a larger version of them. Also, images of folded shirts don`t show them off very well; get models or something so people can actually see them.
    How does this site connect or relate to college aged males? If that is your market, it needs to appeal to them, which I`m not sure it will.
    You may also want to ask your design firm the following questions:
    1) Why don`t my pages have unique page titles?
    2) Why don`t my pages have meta descriptions?
    3) Where are your h1/h2 tags? Actually, there is one, with the word "Welcome" ... which is pretty much useless.
    4) Why do the shirt images have one-word alt tags, and they`re the same?
    5) Why are the right sides of most of your pages pretty much blank?
    6) Keywords? Did they forget to add them, along with good textual content to help inform your visitors and create sales? ( Looks like it to me )
    7) Considering 1 thru 6, how do they expect your site to get any traffic via web searches?
  • rcavezzarcavezza subscriber Posts: 10
    I am going to change all the SEO aspects of the website - titles, metas, etc...
    1.)  Should I create a specific page for each product that you can get to by clicking on the title? 
    2.)  Should I create white boxes for the products, or should I get rid of the yellow altogether?
    Yeah,  I`m definitely going in a different direction for the next project. 
  • WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    I`d suggest fixing this one before getting into another one .... just my opinion.
  • vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Changing the colors shouldn`t be a large task.

Absolutely change the mustard/yellow to white or light gray. Even the text is hard to ready right now. Do not just make a larger white box for the product images... it will look like "do-do" (that`s a technical web design term or art).

The red/pinkish color...  - I`d change that too. IF your market is guys, that`s not the color.

Other stuff:
    PayPal - your FAQ says you must have a PayPal account to purchase. I do not think that is accurate. Someone can still purchase from you if they do not have a PayPal account.

Separate product pages - how many products are you going to sell? Because you are using PayPal buy me buttons... dealing with multiple products will be a pain. At some point you should consider using an ecommerce program. This will also allow you to maintain a customer database which is critical for repeat business.

~Roland
  • patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    ask your lawyer about trademark registration
  • jumbopandajumbopanda subscriber Posts: 0
    Look at popular sites in the same market and see the color schemes they use.  There is a lot of dead space.  Also, perhaps get a few college guys to model the shirts.  That would look way better than having the folded up.  It is hard to show how good a shirt looks when it is still in the original packaging.  Do you just have shirts?  Maybe having links to the product categories. ie, shirts, pants, accessories, etc.  Also, display more items per page.  When I land on your page, simply seeing two shirts does not make me want to stick around.  Good Luck!!
  • Acroblack3987Acroblack3987 subscriber Posts: 0
    I am in the begining stages of starting my on t-shirt clothing line. It is Acroblack Couture. A eddgy clothing line. Fitted T-shirt with mulitple designs. Can i send you some pictures.

Thanks,
    Robert Jackson
    Founder Acroblack Couture Clothing
    Yeah, send them.  I`m looking for lines to carry.  Btw, I`m completely redesigning the website. 

RMC         
  • CompostCompost subscriber Posts: 4 Member
    it could be great website