WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Business Credit

rcavezzarcavezza subscriber Posts: 10
edited May 2009 in Growth Funding
Does anyone know the steps required to take to build business credit?
Where do I start?  I was told to register with Dunn & Bradstreet but I`m not sure where to go.
Thanks in advance.
Robert M. Cavezza

Comments

• rcavezzarcavezza subscriber Posts: 10
    Personal Credit is fine.  The company is looking to build business credit.
    What are the first steps to establishing business credit?
    Best,
    Robert M. Cavezza
  • rcavezzarcavezza subscriber Posts: 10
    Thanks for the info.  I`m not expecting to apply for creditors any time soon.  My plan is to slowly build business credit so there is no personal liability in 3-5 years once we need additional financing/capital. 
    I am not very familiar with business credit.  If this is not the recommended course of action, please let me know. 
    Robert M. Cavezza
  • StevenSStevenS subscriber Posts: 1
    If you really want a lot of info on business credit, my personal favorite is, creditboards.com in the business credit forum. They have years of information and up to date information on everything you need to start your business credit off the right way.
    Hope this helps
  • SoloFlightSoloFlight subscriber Posts: 3
    If ones personal credit is in good to excellent standing, obtaining business credit is no problem. I started small, obtaining a business fuel card, using EIN number, business information, along with personal info. Then, a few months down the line, obtained a business MC. It`s been a few years now with excellent standing in building credit. It was pretty simple.  
  • corporatecreditgurucorporatecreditguru subscriber Posts: 0
    Does anyone know the steps required to take to build business credit?
    Where do I start?  I was told to register with Dunn & Bradstreet but I`m not sure where to go.
    Thanks in advance.
    Robert M. Cavezza
    Hi Robert, I would like to help you. Feel free to visit our website and when you call ask for Tony Faver. I will be glad to answer all your questions. We are currently raising $300k with no personal guarantees and $1,000,000 with a personal guarantor.
    Talk to you soon,
    Tony Faver
    Powerful Credit, Inc