WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Need Micro-Angel For Inventions

RayFRayF subscriber Posts: 1
edited May 2006 in Elevator Pitches
Looking to trade equity for modest $$.  Need investor/partner to help bring inventions from here (I have working proof-of-concept prototypes; very promising Internet patent searches; registration in the Patent Office) to there (licensing to established company).  I can write initial patent applications.  Have 3 very simple, very cool golfing inventions; have prototypes of a handful of other inventions in various fields; have drawings and descriptions of thousands of other inventions. Very frustrating to be sitting/stalled on all of this. .  Thanks for listening. Am looking for suggestions, contacts.  Ray

Comments

• TemporarEaseTemporarEase subscriber Posts: 3
    Would be interested in earing what you have and hope you will also listen to my golf swing trainer idea as well. I have been shopping it and have contacts at a few places waiting for prototypes. I am however misiing one key component that maybe you can help me with. We  can sign  a non-disclosure agreement first of course.
    Matt
  • JeffJeff subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi Ray...
    One suggestion is that instead of offering "equity" in your company, offer a percentage of the future royalty stream from the sales of the invention to the angel investor in exchange for putting up some money. This way you maintain 100% ownership of your company and only give up a percentage of the royalties. Just a thought....
    Jeff
  • B2BpartnerB2Bpartner subscriber Posts: 0

...offer a percentage of the future royalty stream from the sales of the invention to the angel investor in exchange for putting up some money...

This is exactly what I am seeking to do. Thank you for confirming the way I`m trying to explain it.
    I currently represent a young, local company, as an independent "small business expert". EMERGING BUSINESS SYSTEMS has a promising line of integrated business systems complete with startup, identity, marketing, website, and business management packages that can be put together (integrated) into a congrous system accessible from a single point of reference.
    As I build my own independent business around this line of products, adding complementary products and services, and creating a powerful group of business partners with complementary products and services, my immediate goal is to find someone who understands the revenue potential here and would like to share in it, in exchange for a very modest amount of capital and also some wise counsel along the way.
  • RayFRayF subscriber Posts: 1

Hi Ray...
    One suggestion is that instead of offering "equity" in your company, offer a percentage of the future royalty stream from the sales of the invention to the angel investor in exchange for putting up some money. This way you maintain 100% ownership of your company and only give up a percentage of the royalties. Just a thought....
    Jeff
    Hey, Jeff, I think I thanked you some time ago for your suggestion.  Very useful, especially coming from the co-honcho of this website.  I have some reasons for offering equity, but not all of these are rational or proven.  Perhaps we/the forum can discuss some day.  Right now, just having trouble locating potential angels to even listen to what I`ve got.  Getting closer, however.  Thanks to your radio program, I have a Bi-functional Elevator Speech, which explains/teases my product/proposal, but also/first gets the Angel to hold the elevator door open (i.e. gets him to listen on a cold call over the telephone).  Just working it out, but some promising results.   Thanks, again, for your service.

...offer a percentage of the future royalty stream from the sales of the invention to the angel investor in exchange for putting up some money...

This is exactly what I am seeking to do. Thank you for confirming the way I`m trying to explain it.
    I currently represent a young, local company, as an independent "small business expert". EMERGING BUSINESS SYSTEMS has a promising line of integrated business systems complete with startup, identity, marketing, website, and business management packages that can be put together (integrated) into a congrous system accessible from a single point of reference.
    As I build my own independent business around this line of products, adding complementary products and services, and creating a powerful group of business partners with complementary products and services, my immediate goal is to find someone who understands the revenue potential here and would like to share in it, in exchange for a very modest amount of capital and also some wise counsel along the way.

Dear B2B partner.   Thank you for your mailing.   Not sure of your service.  Do you have money to invest as an Angel?   Do you have website?    Do you have contacts with Angels?
    Best wishes, Ray
  • B2BpartnerB2Bpartner subscriber Posts: 0
    Dear Ray,
    My website is www.ebsystemsltd.com</A>

I have not yet had any personal contact with an angel investor, that is what I`m looking for, in the sense that I am seeking someone who will invest in my business and share in future profits that I will see building in Q3 of this year and beyond. Emerging Business Systems has the line of products that I am building MY OWN business around, I also work with small business owners in a variety of capacities (training, strategic planning, process mapping, writing, marketing).
    One thing you might find interesting, Emerging Business Systems executive team volunteer in the Inventors` Network in Minnesota. I also have a contact at www.runtomarket.com</A> - visit the website and please tell them I sent you. (C.Shore)
    All the best!
    Mr. Shore,
           Thank you for the information, and the contact at "runtomarket" information.  Will contact them.  
            Boy, there are a bunch of people out there looking for "Angels".    Yet another factor in their being so hard to find.
             Best wishes in your venture.  Have you looked into startupNation website for insight?
    Ray