WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

READ THIS BEFORE SELECTING A HOME BASED BUSINESS!!!!

integrity2integrity2 subscriber Posts: 1
edited September 2007 in Home-Based Businesses
If you are looking for a home based business, read this short message first before investing your time and energy into something that could possibly turn out to be a scam.  As a general rule, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." There are legitimate businesses out there, but you need to ask yourself: "What do I REALLY enjoy doing?" Then go out and find something that "fits the bill". Always look at the amount of required investment versus the promised gains. And always RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH. You can`t do this enough when evaluating a business opportunity. This is a great site to get the first-hand experience of others, but you also need to conduct your own research.Usually, if a business opportunity is legitimate, the people will let you evaluate their business without any obligation to purchase anything. Speaking with a live person and being able to contact the business afterwards is always reassuring. Government agencies will also keep information on legitimate businesses on file. You simply need to search for the Division Of Corporations for any particular state or country to see if they actually exist. And the BBB (Better Business Bureau) is always a reliable source.Keep in mind that you will be "married" to the business opportunity once you decide to invest your time and resources to it. Meaning that once you decide that it`s a right fit for you and later find that it is a scam, it usually is a painful separation after the fact. In my humble opinion, people are so focused on making money that they forget about the CUSTOMER. What are we doing in order to create value for others? Having a product that will fill the needs of people is the only real way to earn a sustainable income. If you want to be successful in whatever you do, simply follow these steps:Success Nugget1) Know what you want2) Know how to get it3) Know when to change your approachI hope my experience helps future online entrepreneurs avoid the pitfalls of starting an online business from home.  After searching long and hard for a legitimate home-based business, I now enjoy a multiple six figure income!!  There is hope.