WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

NPO website with ads?

dctmfoodctmfoo subscriber Posts: 1
edited April 2008 in Business Planning
Hello All,
I have some questions and I hope the community members can help me.
1) Is it legal to display ad`s in a NPO`s website? What are the limitations on using that money?
2)Assume I donate X amount of money towards my NPO and use that money for marketing and to cover the operating costs of the NPO, Can I declare that as donation towards charity in my yearly tax filings? or how does that work?
3)Assume I want to start a profitable business in a totally different domain from my NPO, do i have to register an another company(I would assume YES) ?
4)I spent 194$ on corporate.com to register the NPO, can i get this back when i fill for tax returns in 2008?
5)What are the benefits NPO gets in taxation standpoint?
Also please point me a good resource where i can read about starting up a new NPO. (I am also googling as I post this)
I am unaware of many legal practices here in the US since I`m considerably new to own a business so please pardon me if i happen to mention anything illegal in my post.
Thanks