WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Forum Marketing

ExpertForumGuyExpertForumGuy subscriber Posts: 1
edited July 2007 in Marketing
I was just wondering...Has anybody on here created a pretty good income stream based on forum marketing along? [signature links, regular links, etc]If so? Are you still doing it?

Comments

• DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    There are exceptions, of course. But generally speaking, businesses can`t survive on just forum marketing alone. Forum marketing is very effective however, when combined with other methods.
    Dale KingDKing2007-7-3 22:13:43
    Linda, as I already stated, if your business can survive on just the clients you get from forum marketing, you would be the exception rather than the rule.
    Don`t get me wrong, I`m a strong proponent of forum marketing, but you really need to use a variety of marketing methods to acheive optimum marketing results.
    Then again, people define success  in different ways, so I guess it would depend on what your individual goals are.
    I happen to do very well with forum marketing, but I`m one of those exceptions I mentioned earler, because I charge a minimum of $1000 per client - hence I need very few clients to make a nice living.
    Dale KingDKing2007-7-3 22:17:35
    Linda, in my experience, forums have the ability to generate both business and dollars. Then again, aren`t we really talking about the same thing here?
    I mean, doesn`t more business = more $$$?
    Dale KingDKing2007-7-3 20:8:0
    Well, this thread is about whether or not you can create a good income based on forum marketing alone. My response to that question is you can, but it`s a lot easier if you use other methods of marketing as well
    Dale KingDKing2007-7-3 22:11:43
  • LogoMotivesLogoMotives subscriber Posts: 15
    Forum participation is just one element of my online marketing efforts - and it does bring business my way on a regular basis.- J.
  • EagleImageryEagleImagery subscriber Posts: 0
    (Hi Jeff)
    My `marketing` is 99.5% forum-based.  I engage in pull-marketing, rather than push-selling... and it works. The UK has many more online business networks than the US - I`m guessing it must be a 10:1 ratio.  At last count I`m a member of 58.
    Good to see it`s steadily catching on here too.
    Mark
  • patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    I have become a client of other SUN members.  I also have gained some SUN members as clients.  The following proverb comes to mind, "better to keep your mouth shut and let the world think you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubts."
    There are people here posting useless or marginally useful info.  In the long run, that tactic ain`t gonna help do anything but let people know who to NOT do business with.  There are also people here posting good info and will ultimately benefit.  Garbage in, garbage out.
  • EagleImageryEagleImagery subscriber Posts: 0
    Eaglelmagery--I have to be nosy and ask . . . as a member of 58 forums, how do you find time to engage in them?  Did you find the proverbial 8th day of the week?jillybeans
    That would be handy! 
    PS: I forgot to mention the other 121 `interest` forums I`m a member of.  It`s very easy to manage time on them if you know how.