WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Members Please Tell Me - What sells online?

rexiedexierexiedexie subscriber Posts: 97 Silver Level Member
edited August 2006 in Marketing
Members Please Tell Me - What sells online?
Are you marketing online? Do you know of a good opportunity.
I have been marketing online over the past 3 years and have made over $30,000 USD. I have joined many online business and advertising communities.
One question I ask members who email me opportunities is " Honestly how much money have you made from this opportunity". I very rarely get a positive reply. I have found very few people making money from products.
I am making a list of opportunities which I have made money from or I know can be successfully sold online.
If you have personally made good money online please let me know. It would really be a great help for all members here if we can compile a good list of good opportunities.
Please post your marketing stories/online business stories here, good or bad here.

Comments

• Options
    iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    Actually, I find higher profits from face to face sales of the products found on elusivetreasures.com. We do make sales online, but I am below the earnings line compaired to a full time job in my local area. (being in California the cost of living is quite high here)So your question does interest me as far as wondering what people will answer. I will end by saying elusivetreasures.com does well as supplimental income rather than my sole buisiness. That`s why I often attend tradeshows, fairs and talking with people I come across.
  • Options
    LogoMotivesLogoMotives subscriber Posts: 15
    I began marketing my graphic design services online in 1998 and almost immediately 80-85% of my business came about as a direct result of my online presence.  That percentage has remained fairly constant for the last eight years - and most of my marketing/promotion effort has been online.When my web site went live I did not expect the large amount of work coming from outside of my local area.  I was primarily putting up an online portfolio as  a review resource for my local client base - and because it was expected that a designer would have a web presence.Back in 2001 I wrote an article about the experience:  Designing Identities for Faceless Clients by Way of the Internet- J.