WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

I need content and Press Release info

donacapagunzdonacapagunz subscriber Posts: 4
edited June 2008 in Marketing

I`m looking for content for my video sharing site, where we streamline animations and regular videos of companies and animations of "ALL THINGS GREEN". Businesses can post their videos showing various facets of their business from eco-friendly practices (internal) to community projects. Artists can produce and showcase their animations with an ecc-twist. I need help attracting content from both artists and businesses. Also I`m not sure how I go about submitting a press release. Do I write my own or do I contact the local newspaper to do a write up. www.juzzu.com is the site, still under construction.

Thanks folks

Comments

• Juliaann108Juliaann108 subscriber Posts: 3
    With regard to a press release, you can either write your own and submit it to your local newspaper, or you can craft your pitch and contact the reporter via phone (you`ll need the business writer/editor).  Make sure in your release/pitch to specify what about your website is newsworthy.  What about it sets it apart from your competitors?  Why will the readers in your area care about your site?  In what ways (specifically) will it benefit the artists and the businesses that participate?  Give specific examples.
    Good luck! 
  • LisaOLisaO subscriber Posts: 2
    Do read up on creating an effective press release, and polish your copy over until it reads and presents well.  If you are going to submit your PR online, some places are very picky about how a release is written, so be sure to read up on guidelines from places like PR Web.

Lisa