WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Online marketing my site

arunthomaskbarunthomaskb subscriber Posts: 1
edited August 2007 in Marketing
hi,I have started a site, www.bikes4sale.inI need to market the site. Online marketing.Can someone help me with new ideas? I have done basic stuffs like search engine submission etc. Is there any other methods to market this kind of a site?
arunthomaskb2007-8-8 5:59:34

Comments

• Options
    iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    Excellent advice CraigL... I would also say, do you think your products can be auctioned? I mean. Could you auction your product and make a profit? You can place an auction to a single product on hibidder.com or whatever and provide a link to your actual site.Once I reached the site, the look and feel made me think it`s a template and the business behind the site must be drop shipping or the links are part of a click through sale. That`s not a good thing for me to feel because it means anyone with my mindset finally reaching your site, after all the marketing work, suddenly drops off. I really need a reason to trust you, then I need a reason to stay and look around.
  • Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    One of the fastest ways to get a site indexed is to have a link to your site from a site that gets indexed frequently.
  • Options
    WebDropsWebDrops subscriber Posts: 3
    Thanks 
    CraigL
    ... that was a lovely piece of advice... very helpful... just wanted to know... if bookmarking can help in site promotion if yes how...
  • Options
    arunthomaskbarunthomaskb subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for the advice guys. The advice were really good. I have registered for google analytics. I know that the homepage doesn`t look that great. I will try to improve that. Right now, my internet connection at home is not working. Once thats working fine, i will do the rest of the things. Lots of improvements are needed are needed for my site.