We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

incorporate with lawyer, accountant, or service?

padewalepadewale subscriber Posts: 1
edited January 2008 in Business Planning
I am a soon to be college grad looking to return home and help run the family business.  My mother is a Physicians assistant who incorporated herself years ago.  She also recently opened up a residential facility (group home).  We want to set up the group home under her corporation.  Is this something that can be done with a reasonable amount of research or should we go with an incorporation service, lawyer, or account. any suggestions?


  • KevDevKevDev subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    I`m not an expert, but I don`t think you can go wrong getting the advice of an attorney in matters like this. You`re looking at some serious liability issues and properly structuring your legal entity could be essential to your financial health. If you need additional advice, the attorney could probably provide recommendations.
    Good luck (and PAs rock!).
  • StartupLawGuyStartupLawGuy subscriber Posts: 2
    As an attorney, I ALWAYS think that matters like this should be handled by an attorney.  Many times people are misguided in their thoughts on limited liability, corporate structure, and of course tax implications.  An accountant can generally describe tax matters, but attorneys are really your best bet.  That being said, attorneys can be expensive, especially if your budget is tight.  However, an attorney can best help you to protect yourself on the front end...something you`ll wish you did if you get into a bad situation over time.
Sign In or Register to comment.