WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Web Developer Portfolio

RobotN1XONRobotN1XON subscriber Posts: 1
edited May 2011 in Website Critique
Hi i'm a student web developer and this is my portfolio: www.tomsfolio.me. At the moment I am trying to apply for internships as part of my degree, so the main focus of my website is looking professional and employable.
It only has 3 pages: Home, Contact, and Portfolio; the other being my CV.
My inspiration for the design came from when i made myself a business card for the hell of it, and realized i could adapt it into a better looking portfolio for myself. Compared to the other web design stuff I have done, I personally think it's the best.
I should also note that I'm a web developer, not a designer. This means that I'm better at coding than design, so in terms of web design, i'm pretty much self-taught, except for being taught how to write html and css.
I find that with design, I am completely incapable of looking at my web designs as anything other than the creator, so i find it hard to critique my own sites or judge them as a visitor.
I am open to all and any critique, though constructive criticism is especially welcome
I should also note that after having some problems with making my website compatible to IE, at the moment it only supports Opera, Safari, Firefox and Chrome.

Thank you in advance.

Comments