WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

!!!! Pet Store Idea!!! and Question

philscott35philscott35 subscriber Posts: 10
edited March 2007 in Business Planning
So anyways I was brainstorming ideas for my pet store and I came up with the idea to ask a existing grooming and animal day care business to share a building with me so that it would bring in customers to my store as well as theirs...this way customers could come into my store and get all of their pets/supplies and also drop their animal off for the day or get their pet groomed at the same time.Does this sound like it would be worth pursuing?Now my other question is, in your business plan they say that you need to research the industry your going into, trends, demographics and you have to include graphs and what not...well to purchase a report like this on the pet industry online it is between $300-$7500, where do I have to go to do the research myself so I don`t go broke before I even start the business?
philscott352007-2-8 10:31:22

Comments

• Options
    katscoolcorner1katscoolcorner1 subscriber Posts: 0
    Re: sharing space.  It`s a good idea to save money and invite a non competing person to share the rent.  Then you can also cross promote your services to each other`s clients.
    Re: adding graphs to your business plan, you can also keep it simple.   Call up other pet stores. Bigger ones like PetCO. to the corpate office and see if they have any research available, also you could go online to the small business administration and see if they have any statistics about your niche industry.  Check online at survey companies and see if they have information on your topics.  Kat