WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

What hiring tools do you use?

phantomindeeaphantomindeea subscriber Posts: 3
Monster? Craigslist? A combination of several? I know it can vary, depending on the field you need to hire from.

Comments

• Options
    stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    I use craigslist, seems like folks in the field i am looking to fill browse there often. Also I ask around, mention to folks what I am looking for incase they may come across someone that would be a good fit. The local paper never seems to get a great bunch for us.

Erin
  • Options
    ErinHattawayErinHattaway subscriber Posts: 2
    Hello!  When I did the hiring for our startup- some of the sites like Monster were so expensive.  Usually there`s a state run website were you can get info on local people- and depending on what kind of hiring you`re looking to do- local universities have been a great place to find people, too.  We find engineers just out of school- and we`re never at a loss for admins and writers.  Students/fresh graduates can be inexperienced, but they`re also young, hungry, and eager to buy into your venture.  Keeps things fresh
  • Options
    MrbusinessMrbusiness subscriber Posts: 8
    Yes monster is expensive.  You can try my job board at Mployd.com or craigslist.  I also find that local papers not the large daily ones works well you find more interested employees.