WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

what is more important SEO or SMO

Comments

• Options
    maculammaculam subscriber Posts: 0
    According to me, Both are important. SEO and SMO is a diverse ways to augment your site. In SEO you can do ON page and Off page work. In SMO you can add your business and also offer your industry superiority. You can do SMO like Facebook, Twitter, My space, Bebo etc...
  • Options
    satimoliyasatimoliya subscriber Posts: 0
    SEO is more then important with the comparison of SMO because people using SEO for getting back links or get their website permotion through search engine because these days everyone using google or yahoo for finding any kind of keyword.
  • Options
    ackerleeackerlee subscriber Posts: 0
    I think both SEO and SMO are important for getting result of your site in the search engine. SMO is considered as one of the part of SEO for promoting the website and SEO helps in building quality backlinks and generating traffic to your website. Both are helpful for increasing the ranking of your website. SEO:- For increasing the number of backlinks to your website and optimizing the content of your site in the search engine. SMO:- For driving high traffic to your site through social media or social networking sites.
  • Options
    rackmarkinrackmarkin subscriber Posts: 0
    SEO is more important. People uses search engine by entering a keyword thus locating your website (once you had optimized it). Whereas, people uses social media mostly to communicate with friends and for networking.
  • Options
    stevepearlsstevepearls subscriber Posts: 2
    Hello,
    Both SEO and SMO are important for website ranking in SERP's. SEO made both on page and off page optimization means proper content in site and quality backlink for site and in SMO it helps to increase visibility of website it gives social look for site.
  • Options
    john067john067 subscriber Posts: 0
    Seo and smo both go hand by hand and both these tecniques are required for marketing...but you must give the much importance to seo
  • Options
    Seo and Smo are both go hand by hand..both are very important for the marketing..but seo is more important than smo
  • Options
    Seo and Smo are both go hand by hand..both are very important for the marketing..but seo is more important than smo
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    binarytreebinarytree subscriber Posts: 1
    I think, Both are important. SMO is the part of SEO. But SMO, getting traffic and ranking is very difficult
  • Options
    martindevid5martindevid5 subscriber Posts: 0
    According to my opinion both are important. SEO and SMO is a different ways to increase your site. In SEO you can do ON page and Off page work. In SMO you can add your business and also provide your business quality. You can do SMO like Facebook, Twitter, My space, Bebo etc...
  • Options
    jeffstonejeffstone subscriber Posts: 0
    In my opinion, Both (seo and smo) are important. As they both bring business to you. But if i have to pick only one option then it has to be seo. There is no substitute for getting listed in organic ranking.
  • Options
    johnthomsonejohnthomsone subscriber Posts: 0
    According to my opinion both are important. SEO and SMO is a different ways to increase your site. In SEO you can do ON page and Off page work. In SMO you can add your business and also provide your business quality. You can do SMO like Facebook, Twitter, My space, Bebo etc...
  • Options
    mphilippemphilippe subscriber Posts: 0
    Both are very important and they actually complete each others perfectly.
    SEO is a strategy on the long term, mainly if your website is brand new, you need to optimize it & develop content slowly, it takes time to get good & steady positions.
    SMO/SMM can really help by waiting, if you're involved & do things well on your social media profiles/pages, you can attract a steady audience also. It's probably all you will have at first.
    You can also more control the SMM, it makes you less affected by Google's changes of algorythm if you have another steady source of traffic.
    I'll add that it helps for SEO and SMM links & visibility is a strong factor now.