Does my website really look like a 8 year old built it?

2»

Comments

• artalacarteartalacarte subscriber Posts: 4
    Thank you for the sample! It looks great. But I don`t think I can get close to this result with Microsoft Office... 
    I made some changes however to whineranddiner.net (colors, layout ,etc) Still working on it. Let me know if you have any suggestions. And thank you all for your help.
  • centofanticentofanti subscriber Posts: 0

Pay no attention to the e-mail you received. I was also ranked in the Top 100 and received the message below. Apparently, this person knows a very talented 8 year old.

I am contacting you because I saw your company on MSN’s homepage as one of the top home based businesses. I then proceeded and clicked on the link which lead my to your site and was very disappointed. To have such a high class and upscale business that caters to the wealthy your site looks like my eight year old daughter created it. I am not trying to be malicious or mean but I am simply trying to help upgrade your website. Our company can create from scratch to your vision a professional , clean and user friendly site. For an HTML site would run $1,000 and a full flash website would cost $2,000....

It`s one thing when a person feels they can offer a needed service to a company. It`s another when the first thing they can do is criticize what the company is currently doing. No one will ever get business that way.
    Thank You! Same e-mail, same people!
    The only good thing about it, is that it actually made me take a good look at my web site...and made me change it!
  • consumertreehouseconsumertreehouse subscriber Posts: 11
    I think it looks great. Gets the point across to the client and no one will question what you are selling. Good Luck with the site.
  • UrbanMeltUrbanMelt subscriber Posts: 2
    I like the simplicity.  It looks like a nice, clean blog page.  I think the products speak for themselves.  They really stand out on the home page.
  • sinksink subscriber Posts: 0
    OK, here`s my "meant the best, most constructive way possible" comments:
    Generally it`s not a bad design, but it`s not particularly compelling either. I know it`s hard to get a great design on a small, startup budget, but this is your storefront - only the best is good enough, right? Compare your web store front to a new restaurant. You`d want everything to be as polished and perfect as possible, right?
    Spend some money on your design. It`ll be worth it, I promise.
    Jake
    ---
    communityguy.com
  • stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 8
    I love it! And Love the product!
    Actually, I want the restaurant to be nice and clean...but I want the food and service to be outstanding...and yes, I will get a pro to help with my web site, just not right now...so I am doing my best!
    Erin, you are the best! Love your web site also!