WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Does my website really look like a 8 year old built it?

2»

Comments

• artalacarteartalacarte subscriber Posts: 4
    Thank you for the sample! It looks great. But I don`t think I can get close to this result with Microsoft Office... 
    I made some changes however to whineranddiner.net (colors, layout ,etc) Still working on it. Let me know if you have any suggestions. And thank you all for your help.
  • centofanticentofanti subscriber Posts: 0

Pay no attention to the e-mail you received. I was also ranked in the Top 100 and received the message below. Apparently, this person knows a very talented 8 year old.

I am contacting you because I saw your company on MSN’s homepage as one of the top home based businesses. I then proceeded and clicked on the link which lead my to your site and was very disappointed. To have such a high class and upscale business that caters to the wealthy your site looks like my eight year old daughter created it. I am not trying to be malicious or mean but I am simply trying to help upgrade your website. Our company can create from scratch to your vision a professional , clean and user friendly site. For an HTML site would run $1,000 and a full flash website would cost $2,000....

It`s one thing when a person feels they can offer a needed service to a company. It`s another when the first thing they can do is criticize what the company is currently doing. No one will ever get business that way.
    Thank You! Same e-mail, same people!
    The only good thing about it, is that it actually made me take a good look at my web site...and made me change it!
  • consumertreehouseconsumertreehouse subscriber Posts: 11
    I think it looks great. Gets the point across to the client and no one will question what you are selling. Good Luck with the site.
  • UrbanMeltUrbanMelt subscriber Posts: 2
    I like the simplicity.  It looks like a nice, clean blog page.  I think the products speak for themselves.  They really stand out on the home page.
  • sinksink subscriber Posts: 0
    OK, here`s my "meant the best, most constructive way possible" comments:
    Generally it`s not a bad design, but it`s not particularly compelling either. I know it`s hard to get a great design on a small, startup budget, but this is your storefront - only the best is good enough, right? Compare your web store front to a new restaurant. You`d want everything to be as polished and perfect as possible, right?
    Spend some money on your design. It`ll be worth it, I promise.
    Jake
    ---
    communityguy.com
  • stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    I love it! And Love the product!
    Actually, I want the restaurant to be nice and clean...but I want the food and service to be outstanding...and yes, I will get a pro to help with my web site, just not right now...so I am doing my best!
    Erin, you are the best! Love your web site also!