WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

No experience?

paulypauly subscriber Posts: 1
edited January 2008 in Selecting a Business
   Hello all.  I am looking for some advice.

Currently, I am just out of college with a Finance degree from a respected university.  I got a good job out of school with a large financial services firm, but I have started to have an early life crisis (if you will) and am itching to start a business.  I have had a couple of ideas, but there is one that I am sold on.  It is perfect for the market, there is no true competition, and I`m passionate about it.  I want to open up a bar.  It`s not just any bar, and serving food and drinks actually wouldn`t be the only core revenue driver, but that`s an entirely different path I won`t go down right now.

I have no experience running a bar.  I`m 22 years old and have no money myself to invest in this.  How do I obtain financing and convince people I`m serious even though I have no experience starting a business, running a bar, or even 1 year in the real world?

Comments

• Options
    dsprindledsprindle subscriber Posts: 2
    There is no better education than the school of experience. And there is a way to finance your tuition. Work for a successful business, in your case a bar, and learn as you earn. Invest the same as you did in your finance degree. The outcome will be more valuable than just theory.