WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

What’s first

chadkchadk subscriber Posts: 1
edited February 2007 in Business Planning
First of all i`d like to say hello to SUN members out there and say thank you ahead of time. I am in the process of writing up my business model and i understand that this is the first critical step in starting my own business. What i am concerned with is the process of getting financing, leasing and accounts. I am planning on opening a streetwear boutique but i`m not sure of what steps to take after completing my business model. The company that owns the location i would like to lease from needs to see my business model before they invest anymore time with me. I don`t want to sign a lease agreement if i can`t guarantee what products i can supply my store with. In the same token i can`t get a supplier to open a account if i can`t prove i have a store front? Do i focus on getting a location before i start worrying about being able to open accounts? If anyone has personal experiences i would love to hear them.
Thanks,
chad

Comments

• Options
    MNGrillGuyMNGrillGuy subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    Do you have suppliers who will supply you at your price point?  That should be first.
  • Options
    Wirehead321Wirehead321 subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    I agree with you totally. I have a business that was started in my home office some years ago that imported books from the UK. This was before the internet really got going. I still made a good living. Still if your suppliers want give you a price point become you don`t have a store go to another supplier who will. If you are going to import from overseas then the Dept. of Commerece has all the information you need about getting a supplier. I did that for a business I am working on to import Anime japanese animation to the US. I found three suppliers and I am designing an online store for that purpose. So I would look over your model, but think outside the box. Get your clients to buy from your site then expand into a store if neccessary.