WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Internet Ad Space Costs

OskyOsky subscriber Posts: 1
How do I establish my website`s ad space costs?  I just launched my site and I have already been contacted by a business who wants to know my ad costs.  What steps do I need to take to determine my ad pricing?  Thanks.

Comments

• OskyOsky subscriber Posts: 1
    My current web traffic is about 20k per month.  A year ago I was avg. about 100k per month.  What method would you suggest I use?  This is all new to me.  Also, can you sugggest any books or webiste about this?
    I appreciate any help!  
  • ankit007ankit007 subscriber Posts: 238 Silver Level Member
    Online advertising rates are set through a mix of advertisement size, promotion area, promotion execution and market request. Upgrading this key promotion deals strategy brings about higher income, expanded sponsor procurement and expanded promoter maintenance, which thusly impact the cost on the online rate card.

Distributers love to discuss the rate card costs, however in all actuality organizations pay no place close to the figures recorded openly or sustained to the exchange press. Everything in the realm of online media is interested in transaction, and things like bundle arrangements, forthright duties, and volume rebates drive the cost of computerized advertisements down further.
  • vivekshuklavivekshukla subscriber Posts: 130 Silver Level Member
    Upgrading this key promotion deals strategy brings about higher income, expanded sponsor procurement and expanded promoter maintenance, which thusly impact the cost on the online rate card
  • Tuah BaoTuah Bao subscriber Posts: 176 Silver Level Member
    It is entirely up to you to decide on CPM rate. If you set $2 CPM, then you will be charging $40 per month. Therefore, I believe $2-$5 works best.

It also depends who your customer is. If your customer is selling high value item such as jewelry, gold and expensive software, then I believe you have more room to negotiate and charge a higher CPM as compared to someone who is selling lower price items such as ebook (eg: at $2.99).

It also depends your niche. Customer may find your offer more attractive (willing to pay more) if both of you are in the same industry. 
    Tuah Bao
    100+ done for you courses to immediately start running your own profitable e-learning business
    https://www.courseserious.com/

• PrimeItSolutionPrimeItSolution subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
    The methods for setting advertising rates are similar to those used for pricing most other products and services, but include a few techniques common to the advertising field. In addition to determining what price will help you meet your brand and profit strategies, you must deliver your rates in ways with which frequent advertisers are familiar to help them more easily compare you against your competitors.
    Steps for pricing your advertising:
    Determine Your Needs
    Project Your Sales
    Review Your Competition
    Talk to Your Advertisers
    Calculate Your CPM
    Set Your Ad Prices

• saravanansaravanan subscriber Posts: 389 Silver Level Member
    It depends, anything is available if you're paying the right price. But usually pricing is based on the site's demographics, the site's subject matter/prestige, how intrusive/prominent the ad is, etc.