WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Am I ready to rock and roll??

opieopie subscriber Posts: 15
edited July 2007 in Business Planning
I had a business idea in mind for over a year now and became a victim of self-doubt and kind of put the idea on the back burner for a while.  Now I am emerging with a whole new confidence, as I just realized that it would be much worse to fail simply by not trying.  I refuse to quit before I even get started!
So, I am forming an LLC and am checking the forms on my state`s site.  I just want to be sure I have everything covered.  I know I need to file Articles of Organization.  I need to file the Assumed Business Name, and I will file a Trademark form.  What else do I need to do to set this thing up?  I am afraid I am going to miss something crucial, and I want to be sure all my bases are covered.  Thanks for the advice!

Comments

• Options
    GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    Hi Opie!  Good to see you!  (Steve, love the new pic) 
    Opie, you`re about as ready as you think you are and I`m here to tell you... you are as ready as you`re ever going to be so yes... EAT!!  Yes, you are doing a great job at legitimizing your business.  That`s a start.  I can`t wait to hear more about the meat and potatoes!  Congrats!!! 
  • Options
    NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    I had a business idea in mind for over a year now and became a victim of self-doubt and kind of put the idea on the back burner for a while.  Now I am emerging with a whole new confidence, as I just realized that it would be much worse to fail simply by not trying.  I refuse to quit before I even get started!
    So, I am forming an LLC and am checking the forms on my state`s site.  I just want to be sure I have everything covered.  I know I need to file Articles of Organization.  I need to file the Assumed Business Name, and I will file a Trademark form.  What else do I need to do to set this thing up?  I am afraid I am going to miss something crucial, and I want to be sure all my bases are covered.  Thanks for the advice!I think the biggest fear that any entrepreneur faces when starting a business is not self doubt or confidence. I think the biggest fear everyone faces is: " What if things don`t turn out how I want them to be, How am I going to survive?" I think the self confidence is there, or else you wouldn`t be talking about starting this business of yours two years later.As for you forming your LLC, good choice! you are on the right track and what you need is very simple "Organizational minutes, and your assumed business name", wait for the trademark till after you get your corporation number, and you`ve established minutes and by-laws, and when you do your Resolutions (Minutes) make sure you include that you will be filing for a trademark. Remember as an LLC, you need to have a paper trail of what you are doing. GOOD LUCK
  • Options
    ObsidianLaunchObsidianLaunch subscriber Posts: 7
    Do it. Do it. Do it.
    We only get one shot at this life... do it!!!
  • Options
    ObsidianLaunchObsidianLaunch subscriber Posts: 7
    Craig,
    Almost.  My recommendation is not "do it." It`s "DO IT".