WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

new website for singing group looking for feedback

nothinglikeitnothinglikeit subscriber Posts: 27
edited October 2007 in Website Critique
Hey All I just did this volunteer job for my church`s singing group. Appointed by God.  I am looking for general feedback on the site. Is the site easy to use? What features would you like to see if you were the site`s target audience? (Christian men and women ages 25- 50 that like music)Also graphic and web designers: are there any technical things that i should do differently on the next project or for this current one?

Comments

• WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Please post a link to the site.
  • nothinglikeitnothinglikeit subscriber Posts: 27
    oops how silly of me. I honestly thought i did that.The site is: www.appointebygod.orgyou could also get there by using the redirect url:gotshelter.info
  • WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    I think that design wise, you need to spice it up. It doesn`t have a color scheme or layout that grabs a visitors attention in a way to make them actually want to look through the site, or to make the site or its subject memorable. I don`t mean that you should go overboard with graphics and useless add-ons .... but keep the users attention.Try a different type of layout; this is "left heavy" to me. Take a blank piece of paper and literally make an outline with sections for your content, that looks balanced, even and uncluttered. Make it a template and keep your pages consistent by building them from this template. Use a darker font than the grey: make it stand out. And add textual content; give the user information so that they can learn about and understand and want what you are showing them.Your "News" link isn`t working. Double check the meta link to your css file; it doesn`t appear to be a valid file the way it is written. Create a max/min width for your pages so they don`t widen or narrow too much.
  • nothinglikeitnothinglikeit subscriber Posts: 27
    awesome thank you for that input. I`m going to make these corrections this weekend, and Upload the site again. Thanks for your advice thus far.