WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

A student contractor website?

nothinglikeitnothinglikeit subscriber Posts: 27
edited August 2007 in Selecting a Business
I have a school project that requires me to come up with a website based on my demographic of college kids at my school. I go to a creative technical school. So I decided to do a website that allows companies to post jobs for student graphic and web designers to bid on.I`m unsure though what a potential business model would be though. I mean I`m thinking of charging job posters ala "Monster" or allowing free posting with a "premium" component.  I`m also thinking of AD space. This is beyond the scope of the project but I think there`s an opportunity here.Also is there any type of sites like this that already exists.

Comments

• Options
    nothinglikeitnothinglikeit subscriber Posts: 27
    thanks good advice all: I`m going to mock it up in dreamweaver probably since we have to "design and build` it ourselves for class.

I like the craiglist idea craig. (no pun inteded) I`m suprised there hasn`t been a better solution yet for contractors in general. SUN seems to be doing a good job but  a lot of sites I`ve seen are bloated, and almost overwhelming for first time users.