WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Flash Movie anfd web site Resolution best practices

nothinglikeitnothinglikeit subscriber Posts: 27
Hello,I`m working on a site and someone asked me what was the best resolution to place quicktime or flash movie files in for display on the web. I`m really not sure. Is there a "Standard" or widely accepted format for displaying movies--especially flash movies via the web? Also is there a certain resolution that I should display my web pages in. I used to create pages in 800 X 600 screen reolution but it would look bad when it was displayed on larger monitors. So how can I control the screen resolution?Thank in advance for any help you all can provide.

Comments

• vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    I`m working on a website now that provides quality, unique golf lessons via download of video files. The goal was to provide the best quality image with the lowest file size... which means there are trade-offs.  Instead of a 1024x768 px size image/playback we use 720x448 which is much larger than the "standard" 300x200 or smaller images you find on a lot of sites.
    But the customer is downloading the file to play on their computer...not viewing it as part of the website. The larger size is designed for that purpose.
    What size for showing a video on a webpage?  It depends. Depends upon if it is a "teaser" clip or the viewer has selected the video to watch and how is fits with the design / purpose of the webpage.
    Always, always give the viewer the option to view or not to view the video and stream the video playback.
    ~Roland