WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Protecting a start-up idea

nashunashu subscriber Posts: 1
edited August 2008 in Thought Leadership
Hi,
Based on your entrepreneurial experience, what should someone do to keep and grow a startup business that is attracting attention from well funded competitors?
Let`s say you`re starting a business and you don`t have the capital to fight with multi-millions company. How should I prepare myself before going live with the idea?
Thanks,
NTMnashu8/24/2008 3:28 PM

Comments

• nashunashu subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi CraigL,
    The process (or the method, I am not sure what`s the difference yet ) and the software (the real implementation of the process)I have in mind, is not used by anyone else on the market.
    Between the moment of applying for a patent and copy cats showing show up, I estimate 6 months advantage(time) against any of them.
    regarding the uniqueness, I think that because of the novelty and his capacity of driving business from competitors it will be even considered unethical by many.
    Nashunashu8/25/2008 12:52 PM