WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Getting a trademark...

dayDreamerdayDreamer subscriber Posts: 40 Bronze Level Member
edited October 2007 in Protecting Your Ideas
Does anyone know the average cost of a trademark?  How about a patent?

Comments

• Options
    patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    just saw somebody "get a trademark" and may be about to have it cancelled because of a poor amendment made during prosecution.  pay me now or pay me later.
  • Options
    GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    True true!  I did the legal zoom fthing or my trademark and while it was fast and convenient, my initial action was denied.  I`m now working with a trademark attorney to win it.  It should be no problem according to my attorney, but James it right... pay him now or pay him later   So in answer to your question about how much does a trademark cost.... The meter is still running on that one.  My patent attorney does a provisional for about $2000.00 and a utility for between $5000.00 and $7000.00 (if it`s a very complex patent you could be talking upwards of $10,000).  You can pay more and you can pay less but that`s a very general answer in my limited experience.  Hope this helps a little!