WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

How Do You Market On Youtube?

ApeApparelApeApparel subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2016 in Marketing
I recently created this video on Youtube, but cannot seem to make it go viral.  I am using it to hopefully drive traffic to my t-shirt store.  The whole premise of opening the t-shirt store was that the video would be funny enough to basically brand the character.  Any suggestions?ApeApparel6/3/2008 5:36 PM

Comments

• Options
    sddreamweaverssddreamweavers subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    I recently created this video on Youtube, but cannot seem to make it go viral.  I am using it to hopefully drive traffic to my t-shirt store.  The whole premise of opening the t-shirt store was that the video would be funny enough to basically brand the character.  Any suggestions?

This is a really funny video!  Great job.  I like the fact that the splash page is up at the beginning and the end of the video for around 10 seconds.  Perfect!
    Ok two things I see that could be improved and one suggestion based on the commericals I`ve submitted for my customers.
    1) Shorten the Video.  People on YouTube have small attention spans.
    2) There are absolutely no Key words in the title or in the description.  Don`t stuff them with keywords but make it natural.  That`s the key to getting them to show up in Google.
    Suggestion:
    1) Submit this video to Dailymotion - This site has amazing power when it comes to being searched by Google.
    ::edit::
    I absolutely agree with Dan`s great idea of videos in different situations.sddreamweavers6/4/2008 6:04 AM
  • Options
    maryannfarrugiamaryannfarrugia subscriber Posts: 11
    Before marketing your YouTube you need to know your targeted audience first and then put in one video the whole information that you want them to see or watch. Be specific and do not make the video so long because it will be boring. Post and share your videos in your social media profiles.

Maryann Farrugia
    YouTube: Visit Here
  • Options
    bharat.nimblechappsbharat.nimblechapps subscriber Posts: 186 Silver Level Member
    Add more creativity in your video. add some seasonal thing or trending thing in your video.
    Don't make long video.
    Create video upto only 30 Seconds long.
    I am online marketer at Nimblechapps Web Development Company | Mobile Game Development Company
  • Options
    PatriciaTaylorPatriciaTaylor subscriber Posts: 28 Bronze Level Member
    Use a call to action within your videos: to encourage viewers to like, rate, comment on and share your videos.
    Start by promoting your videos to the people you know, share on social networks.
    Incorporate your videos into your own company’s website and blog.
    Boost your Instagram presence - Use Instagram panel for resellers
    split your auto likes, comments naturally.
    Register for free and get 5$ to test the services.
  • Options
    anushkachhakrabartianushkachhakrabarti subscriber Posts: 219 Silver Level Member
    By
    1.Create compelling videos.
    2.Make your video findable.
    3.Brand your YouTube channel.
  • Options
    PaulSCambellPaulSCambell subscriber Posts: 40 Bronze Level Member
    Youtube is a great media for promoting the products and services. You need to keep in mind that customers demand must be kept in mind while promoting the product. You must give correct description of your products and try to gain the trust of your customers to the fullest. Try to post small and effective videos so that people get attracted towards your product.
  • Options
    mansishende123mansishende123 subscriber Posts: 46 Bronze Level Member
    Create compelling videos.
    Make your video findable.
    Brand your YouTube channel.
    Use annotations to build subscribers.
    Post a bulletin and alert your friends and subscribers.
    Use YouTube Ads.
    Leverage other social media platforms.
    Review YouTube Insights for more, um, insights.
  • Options
    Adam JonesAdam Jones subscriber Posts: 124 Silver Level Member
    Standing out from the many producers on YouTube is tough. Learn how to market YouTube videos and get a leg up on the competition.
    1. Keep it short. Aim for a length of 30 to 60 seconds.
    2. Show viewers what you're all about.
    3. Make the most of the first 5 seconds.
    4. Use calls to action (CTA).
    5. Give users time to take that action.
    6. Give your ad a viewer-friendly title.
    7. Upload to the channel you're promoting.
  • Options
    Gregory101Gregory101 subscriber Posts: 51 Bronze Level Member

Youtube is one of the most powerful viral marketing platforms in the world. At present Youtube has the fourth highest traffic in the US out of any web site. It has a similarly strong presence in other parts of the world, especially Russia and Asia. When you market by putting videos on Youtube you have the potential to expose them to a huge audience and see them shared over and over – but only if you know how to do it.

Marketing through Youtube is easy, but it does require certain basics to get started. One of the most essential, yet most often overlooked in marketing guides, is the quality of the video itself. If you're going to use a video to market your product on a social site like Youtube it needs to be either funny, visually engaging, or preferably both. The quality doesn't always have to be high, but hit one of those two points and you'll do well. The video should also have appeal to people in your niche: think about what genre you're posting under and aim your content at it. Many video marketers succeed by dominating a single niche.

Secondly think about the profile you're using. If you're starting out with a brand new profile you face an uphill battle, but one that can be won. It's a lot easier to go viral if you have 10,000 subscribers than if you have 4, but even just getting to a medium number like 2,000 is a good platform. Aim your first few videos at getting lots of shares and be sure to ask people to subscribe to your channel.

Last, choose a metric and lay on it. Youtube has many different metrics to strive for: most shares, most comments, most favorites, etc. Choose one and make a campaign around it. It's funny but a lot of people don't share unless you tell them to. Spread your campaign to Facebook, StumbleUpon and other social media sites to maximize your views and results.

If you follow these steps you can easily move a video up through the rankings and even land on the front page of Youtube.