WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

I have an interesting Web 2.0 idea.. what next?

BeeBooBeBeeBooBe subscriber Posts: 5
edited October 2007 in Startup Funding
Hello,I have an interesting web 2.0 idea. I have checked a lot of similar websites, blogs like techcrunch and I still think my idea will work.What I would like to find? The folks who can work for my idea and the folks who can give me some money for it.It will be the same thing as http://www.floorplanner.com, but for other audience for creating, sharing and working together on the garden plans. I have a lot of monetizing and marketing ideas.I would appreciate any suggestions!

Comments

• Options
    stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member

Hi,

Will you be using 3d modelization? CAD, or something with a 3D walkthrough? My husband is a landscape designer and uses some really great software to help build designs for his clients.IF you ever decide to go any of the above route, let me know, i know someone that may be able to help you.

Erin
  • Options
    ToddFToddF subscriber Posts: 3
    neat idea, they also have those kitchen building online apps. where you enter yoiur room dimensions then start adding cabinets, etc. That sure would be a neat idea to do with land scaping. The only problem I see is that with landscaping, one needs to beable to see their home so you`d have to build a house builder system into it so the house can be generated as well.

Either way, I wish there was one online for me to use.
  • Options
    ObsidianLaunchObsidianLaunch subscriber Posts: 7
    Do you have a demo of your site up and running? Is it generating revenue?  Raising money on an idea alone is tough.  Most VCs bet on the entrepreneur not the idea... and the history of the entrepreneur is critical.