WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Is using an email list service legit?

sddreamweaverssddreamweavers subscriber Posts: 5 Member
You also run the risk of getting your domain added to spam blocking software and organizations like Spamhaus.  If that happens you might as well start your business/domain over from scratch.  You`re better off having your own opt-in list and building it from there.  Phplist is a great, free software that you can integrate into your current site to start the opt-in process.sddreamweavers1/18/2008 5:31 PM

Comments

• Options
    DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    Your wasting your time. 99% of  those companies are nothing scam artists...I mean SPAM artists!

Dale King
  • Options
    You`re much better off running solo or sponsorship ads in reputable ezines. Their lists are 100% opt-in - some even double opt-in and they don`t SPAM people. http://DEMC.com is a good one.

Dale King
    DKing1/18/2008 8:00 AM
  • Options
    DGoodinDGoodin subscriber Posts: 6
    It depends on who you buy/rent the list from. I had no problems with breaking CanSpam rules with the last company I used for an email campaign.
    I`ve found that with an email campaign, it has to be a multi-touch effort.
    Care to PM me a link where I can get 250,000 addresses for $100?....

• Options
    RicWillmotRicWillmot subscriber Posts: 14

You`re much better off running solo or sponsorship ads in reputable ezines. Their lists are 100% opt-in - some even double opt-in and they don`t SPAM people. http://DEMC.com is a good one. Dale King
     Dale, What about buying email lists?I am thinking of buying an email list for Dubai businesses as I get asked to speak there often at conferences and so considered promoting some workshops there.What are your thoughts?http://www.reachgulfbusiness.com/ Rgds,RicRicWillmot1/19/2008 7:15 AM
  • Options
    Ric, I would personally NEVER buy an e-mail list. It`s just too risky. It`s just not a good idea to send out bulk e-mails to people who have not requested your information. That`s a good way to get blacklisted, and shutdown as a SPAMMER - and believe me, that`s a problem you don`t want. You`re better off spending your money on advertising in a reputable medium that is read by your target audience.

Dale King
    DKing1/23/2008 7:21 PM
  • Options
    Ziyapathan0143Ziyapathan0143 subscriber Posts: 150 Silver Level Member
    There is no such creature. No genuine email showcasing administrations permit obtained records. Not saying you can't transfer an acquired rundown to any semblance of Aweber, Constant Contact, GetResponse or MailChimp (or any others), however you won't get far. Most will test the legitimacy of the supporters and not permit it. Also, in the event that you do pass that obstacle, you're more than prone to get punished (or banned) on the off chance that you can email that rundown, on the grounds that more then likely, the rundown will be loaded with an excessive number of ricochets and grumblings.