WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Website Critique

mscott2097mscott2097 subscriber Posts: 6
edited October 2007 in Website Critique
Hello everyone,Just launched my site and would love for you to critique it. .www.demonstrateme.com

Comments

• Options
    mscott2097mscott2097 subscriber Posts: 6
    its a software training website that offers free software training using flash videos. it works by user requesting videos. Mostly Microsoft software now , but plan to expand to other software.  It is created on the Open Source Content management platform call Joomla.
  • Options
    stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    Mscott,
    The site look clean and fresh. I looked at one of the videos. Great! All you need is some more video content. If you can add alot of these "how too`s" then you can start contacting folks to see if they can add a link to your site for free tutorials. What are you using to create these tutorials?
    Erin
  • Options
    PezmelPezmel subscriber Posts: 2
    I like the site as well, very clean and business like.
    I`d like to make a suggestion regarding future videos. Office 2007 is giving people fits over the new interface. Some people like it, some people hate, but it is new to everyone. If you had videos on how to adapt key functions in the new version I think that would be pretty popular. I love the size of the videos and how easy they are to see.
    Last sugguestions:
    Targeting corporate help desks may be an interesting customer stream. I run a help desk and I struggle to find time to create end user documentation.
    I would give thought to having the videos go through the "how to" process fairly quickly the first time and then repeat it a second time much slower.
    Best of luck,
    Michael
  • Options
    vishal1vishal1 subscriber Posts: 0
    I have seen your site.It is very nice but you should add some extra functionality.your web site template very similar to the my friend"s site designed by web site design company.you had consulted from same..Don`t you?
  • Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    While I understand the potential $$ benefit of having Google Ads on a  web page. Personally, I do not like to see them in the middle of a web page`s content.
  • Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Regardless of your personal preference ... the fact is that in-context ads get better results than ones placed on the outside or bottom.
    I recognize that (better results), thank you.
    I was expressing my reaction upon going to a website that includes ads (google or otherwise) in the content of the site. I discount the value of that site.
    Perhaps other website viewers have the same reaction, perhaps not.
    ~Roland