WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Candy Website - Would viral email or marketing help?

MRNMRSHOPEMRNMRSHOPE subscriber Posts: 2
Hi, I have a candy website:  www.GrannsGourmetApples.com.  I have heard alot of buzz recently on viral emails, viral marketing, etc. 
Should I set up a myspace or facebook page related to my site?  any ideas for viral emails?  Could this help my company?  Any ideas?
Also, is it tacky to request votes via email to my customer list for the homebased 100 contest? 
http://www.startupnation.com/homebased1 ... /index.php

Comments

• minimegeologyminimegeology subscriber Posts: 26
    Hi Amanda,

I`m not an expert on the social media but I have set up some pages for my sites based on where I think our target audience may hang out.  I think over time, it can be useful. 

No, I don`t think it is tacky to request votes for your company on email.  I have talked about it in our company newsletters too.  Your customers will want you to do well.

Tracy
  • MRNMRSHOPEMRNMRSHOPE subscriber Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info.  Just another thing I need to add to my to-do list of a million things.  I like both of your sites.  My daughter is in kindergarten I will check back later for one of your kits.