WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

RingCentral.com

WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
I checked RingCentral.com out after seeing their ad here on SUN. Has anyone tried their service? Have any opinions, positive or negative, on it?

Comments

• Options
    RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
    (i know - i bring a bias as the site that RingCentral advertises on, but here`s my experience anyway...)

very convenient emails with .wav files that have the voicemail right in them. for me this is great, because i am always checking emails, only occassionally checking voicemails.
    if you want to, you can turn on the "follow-me-anywhere" feature so calls are routed to you.
    call screening is easy - kind of a throw back to the days when we all had answering machines instead of "voicemail" - you can hear the person leaving their message and pick it up if you decide you want to take the call.
    the toll-free number offer (30 days free) is compelling - it definitely adds an air of credibility and customer-facing "priority" to your business.

what kind of business are you considering it for? why would you make a change from what you have?

• Options
    WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    I have a small web design company; I`m looking into future growth and what I may possibly need down the road for customer convenience, as well as economics.
  • Options
    sounds good - remember, there`s the 30-day free trial so you can dip your toe in the water, do an apples to apples comparision to your current (previous) solution, and after experiencing it, make a smart "call", pun intended.
  • Options
    SparkleGirlSparkleGirl subscriber Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I`ve been using RingCentral for approximately 3 months now - took the jump and said "good-bye" to the high charges from AT - and I`m very happy with their service.
    I have a dedicated 800 number and it rings to my cell phone.  And if I`m not available to take the call, I receive a VM pending notification in my email in box and can then listen to the message through my computer.
    All calls that come in are documented also...
    And I just noticed today that I can also get a free (always nice!) fax number with my monthly service.
    In closing, I was really impressed when I first noticed the Ring Central ads as I do feel that their service is perfect for small businesses.
    Hope this helps
  • Options
    conciergelady1conciergelady1 subscriber Posts: 2
    I dont have it but am want to check it out. I just noticed another member in my concierge networking group has it. She sent me an email and the link was in the email. To me that looks easy enought and I do need to upgrade from what I am  using now..
  • Options
    we have a special offer if you route through the RingCentral ads/logos on our site. it`s a 30 days free trial. they typically offer seven days free. give it a try...
  • Options
    conciergelady1conciergelady1 subscriber Posts: 2
    I will - thanks  Rich !
    jo

• Options
    JuicerCrazyJuicerCrazy subscriber Posts: 0
    Yup - I have been with them since 05 or so.  Switched from a carrier with no online portal, and super high rates.  I haven`t had a problem with RC since I started.  Port over was easy, and the control panel was a breeze.  Still love it!  Can`t see us switching at all.  Snazzy little call controller lets me swing over calls to employees or over to a cell.  Cool stuff.
  • Options
    JuicerCrazy,
    RC = Ring Central?

tell me - what is Grand Central?

out of the loop (clearly),

rich
  • Options
    JuicerCrazy,

while waiting for your response i found this in regard to Grand Central vis a vis RingCentral:

http://www.technologyevangelist.com/200 ... ntral.html

it`s pretty strong in praise of RingCentral as the superior solution...

true - i`ve never used Grand Central, but i am digging RingCentral and feeling smart to be using it because there are smart people out there heaping accolades on RC...
  • Options
    rckimrckim subscriber Posts: 0
    You should definately give RingCentral a try. You get a risk-free 30 day free trial to "play" with your online account which consists of a variety of options such as: Customizable Greetings, Music On Hold, Call Forwarding up to 10 numbers at a time (anywhere around the world), Real Time Call Control, Internet Faxing, Voice and Fax messages sent to your email. We offer a Virtual PBX system that would be great for small businesses wanting to provide a greater company image. Not to mention that we offer technical support 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. Let`s not forget our Digital Line Service which can replace the use of the traditional land line service. With our Digital Line Service, you can take your business with you and never miss those important calls. Please feel free to give us a call at 888-898-4591 or visit our website at www.ringcentral.com.
  • Options
    SandraPSandraP subscriber Posts: 3
    We use it here at Team Double-Click (Virtual Staffing). We have over 30 "core team" members all over the country and it works fabulously for us. I love the dashboard and the call log.

I have two assistants on my team and we are spread out from coast to coast, RC insures that my calls are answered by a live person whenever possible and transferred as easily as if we were in the same building.

We used to have another service but they could not keep up with our growth. I am also familiar with Grand Central but they don`t measure up at all.

My 2 cents worth!

~Sandra
    SandraP10/24/2007 5:35 PM
  • Options
    Jaun22Jaun22 subscriber Posts: 0
    Sounds like a great service. Might have to look into it.
  • Options
    NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    I`ve been looking into Rign Central for the past few days now... My question to you is, do they charge my CC right away? or can I run the full trial with-out them charging me? I just want to try it... and it sure beats the price of adding a full PBX system from Packet-8... I do need the music on hold and Virtual attendant... Tell me more...Can I record something like: for sales press #1.. for Marketing press #2 and so forth?
  • Options
    as far as i know, your card is not charged until the trial period is complete.