Proceeds to a charity

mmag0213mmag0213 Posts: 1subscriber
edited February 2008 in Selecting a Business
I am in the process of starting a business.  I want a portion of the proceeds of my product to go to a charity.  Does anyone know if this is something I need to get permission from the charity first?  Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• stonesledgestonesledge Posts: 8subscriber
    I would think it would be a charity that you are passionate about giving too and would suggest you build a relationship with them regardless. But if you are using their name, then yes, I would ask permission, of course!

Erin
  • mmag0213mmag0213 Posts: 1subscriber
    Is this your response because you have experience in this?  Or is this just your assumption?
  • stonesledgestonesledge Posts: 8subscriber
    I have experience working with charities and have built relationships with folks who are operating the charity and also the folks they benefit. If ever you are going to use a name that is owned by another, charity or not, you should always ask permission. Some charities ask that you fill out a questionaire and so on. You should always proceed on the side of caution especially when using the name of a company or a trademark or a large organization non profit or not. What is the charity you would like to contribute too? I am sure that they would be happy to work with you and be appreciative of contributions.