WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

To Login or Not to Login ...

blondieblueblondieblue subscriber Posts: 9
Just recv`d an interesting newsletter/article about Login functions ...
http://www.smallsitenews.com/2007a/1023.html</A>
How many of the SuN members e-commerce sites are using all or most of these functions, features and technologies?

Comments

• Options
    LizardWisdomLizardWisdom subscriber Posts: 0
    When we were running our off-eBay e-commerce website, we had it set up in such a way that it was up to you if you wanted to create an account before you made a purchase. In other words, you could still make a purchase without creating an account.
    You have to be mindful of people that don`t want to create an account just to buy a product from you. It is a big turnoff to some people if they have to create an account just to buy the widget you are selling.
    Make your e-commerce website as user friendly as possible so that you attract as many customers as possible.
  • Options
    stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    I agree, buyers should be able to shop as guests. When i shop at sites that are not an amazon or similar..i never go through with transaction..because i just want to buy not join.

Erin