WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Home Based Candle Business

miabellacandlesmiabellacandles subscriber Posts: 3
edited August 2007 in Website Critique
I am an independent distributor of a line of gourmet natural wax candles, tarts (melts), and skin care products. The purpose of my website is to attract, sponsor, and develop more people who realize the potential of having a home based candle business with this direct sales company. I designed the site to load quickly on dial-up, inform without hype, be easy to navigate, make it simple to contact me, allow the visitor to subscribe to my business information newsletter for more information or sign up online right away if ready.
As someone researching home based businesses in earnest, is the tone of the site friendly or distant? What is your reaction to the information presented? What questions do you have that remain unanswered?
Your comments and suggestions are welcomed and valued!
Sheri Orloff
http://easyfuncandlebiz.com</A>
 miabellacandles2007-8-26 20:35:54

Comments

• stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    Sheri,
    I think you should add a call to action up top.To get folks interested in signing up with you.
    Erinstonesledge2007-8-26 20:36:49
  • miabellacandlesmiabellacandles subscriber Posts: 3
    Hi Erin,
    What a speedy reply! I`m listening. What do you suggest?
    Sheri

• VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    Yah, it`s kind of a "blah" site. Too much text, not enough whitespace,
    and not enough images. Candles produce candle-light, which has an
    "ambiance" to it--a mood.I think it is OK considering that the site`s purpose is to sell the business of selling candles - not to sell candles.  She has a storefront site for that.But it is a bit blah and could benefit from more photos of the candles in a sales environment such as county fairs, gift shops, etc. to amplify their saleability.  Steve
  • miabellacandlesmiabellacandles subscriber Posts: 3
    Hi guys,
    I appreciate your thoughtful and helpful replies. There is a consensus regarding the need for graphics and will work on this aspect of the site design. Now, I welcome comments about other issues. Please refer to my original post for a quick refresher. Thanks!