WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Insurance for bloggers?

webhoundwebhound subscriber Posts: 1
I`m entering into a general partnership and my associate and I are building a blogging/podcasting site.  Do we need to be concerned with liability insurance for this type of business?  If so, what seems like an adequate amount of coverage?

Comments

• RichardBuggyRichardBuggy subscriber Posts: 4
    You`ll definitely want insurance. Apple, for example, is well know for going after bloggers who publish information before they announce it officially. You may also like to consider using a company structure to add a bit of extra distance.
    PS: It`s great to see another startup keeping a blog of how things are going. I decided to try it for my next project after reading Diary of Startup.
  • theswaynestertheswaynester subscriber Posts: 15 Bronze Level Member
    I agree.The risk may be somewhat remote... I`m not sure what you`re blogging about. But it sounds like a smart move.
  • webhoundwebhound subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for the feedback, fellas.  We`re doing a project related to technology in higher education but I don`t foresee us as offering any overly litigious content (as compared with, say, the Apple rumor sites).  Any thoughts on how much coverage is reasonable?  I should mention that we`re in the U.S.