WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Restricted Website Address Problem - What Do I Do Now?

MelissaMelissa subscriber Posts: 7
Well, I certainly am glad that I used ipowerweb to register my domain name.  They`re currently charging $2.95 for a year...just for the name and privacy of your info, but for the moment that`s all I needed.  Figured I`d let the masses know...
That aside, I decided, just for kicks, I would enter my future website`s address into internet explorer just for the sheer joy of going to "my website" (not that there`s anything to see).  Okay, I admit, it`s a little lame, but forgive me...I`m a wee bit excited about all of this (you should have seen me when I got my business license - you`d have thought I had just gotten engaged or something!).
Here`s the problem - my company`s web filtering software came up and said that winsomeevents.com was restricted based upon the fact that it has something to do with "sex."  So now, I am very concerned about this website address.  If I were a bride or a 6-year-old`s mom and received such a message, I would throw any materials I had received from that company away.  I`d never even give it a second look.
My question is - what on earth should I do now?  Should I totally scrap this website name?  Should I come up with a new business name?  What are the other alternatives?  I want to shield my prospective clients from embarassment....

Comments

• MelissaMelissa subscriber Posts: 7
    Thanks, Ken.  It comes up okay at my home, too, but my concern is that if my current employer`s filtering software is blocking it (and this is somewhat signficant since they are a large employer in my current location), how many other large companies` systems will block it?  I know that I tend to do a lot of my web surfing on my lunch hour or when I need a quick break and since I am a match for many aspects of my target market, it concerns me that their companies` filtering software will also block the site. 
    Are there ways to convince these filters that your site is safe?  I`m just concerned since I know if I reach a website that is filtered here at work, I typically just let it go...and find something else that meets my needs.
  • MelissaMelissa subscriber Posts: 7
    That makes me feel much better. 
    Thank you!