WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

business idea...

vetregvetreg subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2007 in Selecting a Business
Hello I have been in the child care field for over 20 years and will be in a living situation soon that requires me to live between two states. Needless to say it will be difficult to hold down a full-time job as a child care teacher or director. I have been thinking of starting my own business that involves what I love most; working with kids. It has to be a mostly web based business because of my traveling.I am not sure how my idea will work online though or how to go about it and make money. The idea is to sell workshops to child care programs and parents about child rearing, managing staff, handling situations like biting or   difficult behaviors etc.. I also would market my workshops to do onsite at programs or to parents in companies other then child care in the two states I travel to when I`m there. I know how to price the workshops and the ones I sell online however if I do forums or help lines to call or email through the website should I have a membership fee to the site....and if so how does that usually work. I also know nothing about creating web sites, paypal etc and have no real money to start the business ...to hire someone to create the site etc..any ideas as to how to get this info...and what do you think of my idea?