WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

HELP- post your comments-Farmers Market & Bistro

PlatesPlates subscriber Posts: 1
Hi
I am working on a business plan to open a business in a area where there is a need for this. There are no farmers markets in this immediate area.
I would like to open up a farmers market with quality fruits and veggies (organic possibly) and other products that will be healthy and wholesome, I would like to incorporate a bistro and bakery with healthy menu to go and an outside eatery for busy working propfessionals. I am also looking at bringing in imported products for the home as retail. I have researched this for 3 years I am in the food business for over 20 years, I am working with the SBDC for assistance. My issue is that it may be seasonal is there anyone out there that has this same type of business and has come up with a solution for the empty season and has it become profittable for you? Open to suugestions..
Chef LATINA