March of Dimes - WalkAmerica (I am walking 6 miles)

SolidGrndSolidGrnd Posts: 11subscriber
edited April 2007 in Watercooler Talk
As some of you know, my son has special needs. He was born 6 weeks premature and with birth defects and a chromosomal abnormality. This cause, this organization is very near and dear to my heart. I hope that you can all spare some time to support the efforts of a very worthy organization. Thank you in advance for your support! Check out our team page...and the information below!  Team TatorTots
We`ve formed our WalkAmerica team to raise money to help all babies be born healthy. Please join us in this important endeavor. Simply sign up from this page. It`s fast, easy and secure. The March of Dimes mission is to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality. SolidGrnd2007-4-18 14:48:7

Comments

• TarBabyTarBaby Posts: 0subscriber
    Leah`s Startup is a Non-Profit.
    Jeff A. Gregory-BrandAlchemy,
    Get the hell off this site, you negative bully! Do your damn research about harrassing. What kind of PassionateStrategist brands himself an attacking moron....
  • SolidGrndSolidGrnd Posts: 11subscriber
    Wow...thank you for the back up TarBaby.
    BA - I know you are passionate about organizations that support those in our society that need it most as I have witnessed this on another thread. So I will attempt to clarify, or at least defend my position.
    I posted this particular post in THIS particular area because it is EVERYTHING ELSE. This is just "coffee talk". This community is not just a community of entreprenuers but of friends...I consider many of the other members friends...as such...I like to talk to my friends and get support from my friends. And as TarBaby mentioned, my startup is a nonprofit...and I strongly support the other nonprofits who missions are compatible with my own. To that end...I look to help others support those organizations that I support.
    Furthermore, as business owners we are all (hopefully) looking for ways to be socially responsible. If your business would like the opportunity to show support and thus show social responsibility (based on business management standards, not personal or political standards)...this is a good opportunity.
    That said, if Startup Nation and/or the majority of its members feels that this post is unwarranted or unwanted on their website...I am more than happy to discontinue such posts...and they can very easily remove this thread from their site. There will be no hard feelings and no love lost. This site and its members are valuable to me personally and in business and I will respect their decisions.
    Thank you for your support.