WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

attracting business partners

MdcnMnMdcnMn subscriber Posts: 10
edited April 2008 in Selecting a Business
Okay so I have an idea for a website which would allow consumers who sign up (via free membership) dicounts on purchses. My question is...how do I convince (i.e. retailers) to sign up with me so I can have them offer these discounts?  My immidiate goal is not to make money but to have people sign up.  Eventually with enough members signed up, I`ll begin selling Ad Space.

Comments

• Options
    proactive1proactive1 subscriber Posts: 1
    Hello,

Keep in mind these retailers might want to know how much traffic your site is generating. So I`m thinking at the outset, if you have nothing else but the concept, focus on creating quality content as you build the site.
    Besides that, I did a seach for "shop chicago" and came across this site: SeeMoreShopping.com and was impressed with amount of information about each major shopping area/neighborhood in the city and suburbs -- quality content! Their site offers a free listing for all stores as well as a premium listing. Obviously the premium listing would offer more exposure for their business. Not sure if that`s what you`re looking for but maybe it gives you some ideas.

By the way, when "in" Chicago stop by my Chicagoland Rock `n Roll Blog  
  • Options
    MdcnMnMdcnMn subscriber Posts: 10
    Thanks fellow SuN buddies...your advice is always helpful and guiding.  I`m in the process of building my website, I think quality content is the first step.