WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

LLC Operating Agreement

mnewsomemnewsome subscriber Posts: 4
edited January 2008 in Business Planning
I am presently working from a template and write to inquire if there are items unique to an IT consultancy that should be added to the operating agreement.  I am the only person but ultimately may bring on techs as independent contractors.  I own my own servers, laptops and most of the Microsoft software inventory.  Advice sought

Comments

• Options
    pepperlegalpepperlegal subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    There are a number of things, including whether the LLC would own the intellectual property of developments created by its members.  In single member LLCs, an operating agreement is a declaration of the
    structure that the member has chosen for the company and sometimes used
    to prove in court that the LLC structure is separate from that of the
    individual owner and thus necessary so that the owner has documentation
    to prove that he or she is indeed separate from the entity itself.  It`s important that your agreement achieves this purpose.
  • Options
    daleyfla99daleyfla99 subscriber Posts: 1
    You should also consult a good lawyer to make sure you do not have any liability issues with licensing and such for the software and for consulting advice given by independent contractors working for you.

Just a thought from the field.