WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

New and Need Help!

mattphimattphi subscriber Posts: 1
edited May 2007 in Business Planning
Hi,
I am new to startupnation and have been navigating my way through the site.  My goal is to start my own marketing consulting company, but I have no experience and have no idea how do it.  Fortunately, I have a little bit of capital and need to be "hand held" through the process.
What`s the best way I should go about it?  I value your feedback.
Thanks,
Joe

Comments

• Options
    GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    Hi Joe!  Craig has brought up some excellent points.  Also, step 1 which will help guide you in the right direction and help you see if you`re being realistic in your endeavor is to write your business plan.  I give this advice often, but that`s only because it is so vital.
  • Options
    Sirk002Sirk002 subscriber Posts: 0
    Joe - I`ll give it to you straight.  Unless you are really looking to part with that little bit of capital you really should not be looking to start a consulting business in an industry that you have no experience in.  I`d say stick to something that you are good at, whatever that is, and be great at it and build a business around it.  While you are at it, you can be cutting your teeth by marketing for yourself.  Your track record of success will speak volumes when a few years from now you come knocking on my door to do marketing for my business. I`ll look forward to your proposal.